Snow Angels have now launched our befriending service in Cheshire East which is being led by team members Shammie and Alyssa.
Our FREE befriending service is aimed at anyone who is 65+ who is experiencing feelings of isolation or loneliness.
The service will include support for:
- Befriending services, via telephone or face to face
- Support with financial affairs including Attendance Allowance
- Signposting to specialist support providers, social activities and groups
- Registering on and navigating the local housing register effectively
- Accessing disability aids, ranging from Blue Parking Badge applications and pendant alarms to adaptations to the home
- Helping to get Lasting Power of Attorney in place
- Accessing gardening, cleaning, handy person services
- Help with getting on-line and IT support
- Light practical tasks such as changing light bulbs
- Dog walking.
For referrals, please go to our website. We take referrals from professionals and self-referrals http://www.snowangels.org.uk/referrals/
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Snow Angels will continue to provide support for as long as is required. If you no longer require support or wish for befriending to cease, just let us know. We can always start again later.
Our services run thanks to our dedicated team of fantastic volunteers. If you would like to volunteer or know someone who would be interested, please register to volunteer through AMI https://www.withami.co.uk/ or email email@example.com for a volunteer role description and an application form.